PROJECT MANAGER’S SOFT SKILLS “PM.PEOPLE”
People execute projects! Not computers, documents, processes – just people!
|Training Code: EPM.PM.People||Duration: 2 days||Participants: 6-12 persons||Format: Corporate|
Coordinated work of a project team and participation of key stakeholders in a project is the key to the project successful execution, the desired results and their acceptance by customers. Project manager have many responsibilities: team management, team-building, internal negotiation, stakeholder expectations management. Actually, project manager takes a role of an agent between the project team and stakeholders.
Developing soft skills, that so important for project manager’s success, is the mission of this training. The list of these skills given in PMBOK.
- Determinate soft skills, that considered to be important for project managers, and helps participants to develop them.
- Describes effective team-building with consideration of personal qualities of each member.
- Teaches how to manage stakeholder expectations during project life-cycle.
- Current and future project managers.
- Heads of departments, involved in projects.
- Portfolio and Program managers.
- Interpersonal skills theory.
- Interpersonal skills during project life-cycle.
- Individual and group exercises for interpersonal skills improving.
The knowledge and skills
Participants will study and develop the next skills that helps managers to analyze situations in proper way and to interact with people:
- Increasing team member’s motivation.
- Effective communication.
- Influencing on team.
- Competent decision making.
- Political and cultural awareness.
- Effective negotiation.
- Trust building.
- Conflict management.