APPLIED PROJECT CONFIGURATION MANAGEMENT “PM.CONFIG”
Based on PMI standards “Practice Standard for Project Configuration Management”, 1st Edition
|Training Code: EPM.PM.Config||Duration: 1 day||Participants: 8-12 persons||Format: Corporate|
In project management, the majority of the challenges and problems associated with the timing, cost and nature of the project. Careful management of these elements allows completing projects successfully. The process of configuration management designed to keep the project in the “mainstream success.” Configuration management of the project – a set of processes, activities, tools, methods and interactions used to manage well-defined objects throughout the project life cycle. In an era of ever-increasing complexity of projects and increased competition between companies, knowledge of methods of configuration management are in demand as never before.
“PM.Config” training designed to produce systematic knowledge in the field of project configuration management. During the training you will learn how to develop a strategy for configuration management, to identify the configurable elements, manage change, identify metrics to run the Validate a Configuration in the project and to sum up lessons learned for use in future projects.
- Ability to earn 7 contact hours needed for PMP certification.
- Extra exclusive training which difficult to find in the market.
- Really increases maturity of the project manager.
- Executives of companies implementing projects.
- Managers and project administrators.
- Members of the project team.
- The curators of projects from the customer.
- Heads of key departments involved in the projects.
- Project Management Consultant.
- Specialists planning to become PMI certified.
- Introduction to Configuration Management Project (PCM)
- The basic concepts. Tasks PCM. Comparison of key standards configuration management.
- Planning for configuration management
- Communication configuration management and project management. Creating a Configuration Management Plan.
- Identification of configurable elements
- Defining elements of the project are included in the PCM. Defining and structuring of information.
- Change Management Configuration
- Detection of changes in the project. Change requests. Reconciliation / Reject Changes.
- Account of the status and configuration metrics
- Tools and methods for objective measurement of progress and maturity of configurable items.
- Checking and auditing configuration
- Independent verification and help the project team to confirm execution.
- Planning configuration management.
- Identification of elements for configuration.
- Defining structure for PCM.
- Defining change management.
- Practice tools for objective measurement of progress.
The knowledge and skills
The most important skill that students will have – is the ability to apply the mechanisms controlling physical state of configurable elements within the project life cycle. In addition, at the end of the training, students will gain the following knowledge and skills:
- Basic concepts and benefits of configuration management in the context of project management.
- Types of Configuration Management.
- Good practices for configuration management adopted in the world.
- Common Terminology configuration management within the project management.